Established on the 18th of July 2001, Penplusbytes is a not-for-profit organization driving change through innovations in three key areas: using new digital technologies to enable good governance and accountability, new media and innovations, and driving oversight for effective utilisation of mining, oil and gas revenue and resources.
To be the leading institution for promoting effective governance using technology in Africa.
Promoting effective governance by deploying technology that enhances participation.
Penplusbytes is in the process of developing a new strategic plan through multi stakeholder engagements which has the following as objectives; leveraging technology & knowledge to enhance good governance, enabling the media, civil society and other stakeholders to use new digital tools and innovations, building a vibrant community of technology savvy advocates of good governance among others.
The values and guiding principles that are promoted and staff of Penplusbytes must epitomise includes:
- PROFESSIONALISM: We are committed to excellence in providing the best possible services to our clients in a responsive and non-partisan way. We favour a collaborative approach in order to achieve sustainable results and added value.
- INGENUITY: We seek and embrace new approaches for service delivery and strive to develop innovative solutions to address the challenges faced by our clients, while leveraging the experience, expertise and creativity of our staff and partners.
- VALUING PEOPLE: We are respectful and fair with our colleagues, clients and partners while recognizing the importance of diversity and open communication.
- HIGH STANDARDS: We aim for excellence in service delivery and in all the work that we or our partners commit to do. We constantly apply new learning to the way we do things and apply resources to achieving outstanding results every time.
- TRANSPARENCY: We are transparent and accountable in the work that we do, applying the highest level of integrity and trust in dealing with all of our partners and clients. We accept individual and team responsibility for our actions and for the results of our projects and programs.
- Promoting media pluralism and good governance in Africa using new digital technologies.