Job Opening at Penplusbytes for a Programmes Manager (Extractives)
Penplusbytes, a leader in new media and innovations; mining, oil and gas and the use of new digital technologies to promote good governance and democracy, is seeking a Programmes Manager to support roll out of projects under its Extractives program.
Position: Programme Manager (Extractives)
Job Aim: The Programmes Manager primarily leads the activities of the Extractives Team. The role will be responsible for overseeing the management of projects and leading in the production of a robust knowledge base in the Extractive Sector.
- Maintain working relationship with key partners and provide skilled services to our community.
- Develop a dynamic database of partners for identifying project and partnership opportunities
- Organise and host national and regional events on extractives
- Produce a body of research for publications about the sector.
- Oversee the maintenance of online, mobile and social media assets.
- Analyse and discuss the potential risks/benefits involved in using specified technology solutions to address project requirements.
- Ensure Penplusbytes extractive sector work is highlighted in the media monthly.
- Design and implement framework for measuring program impact and results.
- Develop and distribute regular sector updates and insights.
- Develop and implement strategies for social, online and mobile audience engagement.
- Coordinate online forums and discussions on selected topics periodically.
- Provide resource base and aid in business development/sustainability drives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and effectively manage priorities, multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain organisational confidentiality which includes, but is not limited to, information about partnership deals, research findings and project ideas.
- An MSc. in Economics OR an LLM is preferred. Relevant qualifications will be considered.
- 2 years of working in similar roles.
To apply for this position, please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd February, 2016.